Monday, July 18, 2011

The Ocean's Edge

The Ocean's Edge
Somewhere at a place by the sea is a lighthouse which keeps sailors safe.
It stands there day in and day out in storm and rain, the wind and sun, like an old friend just waiting
to be needed again. The lighthouse keeper lives a lonely life but for the sake of helping someone else
he chooses this life. So on a lazy afternoon take a drive out in the country, down a dusty road, get out of your
car and stand in awe of the lighthouse and think of what it stands for and then just soak in the beauty.
7x5 acrylic on canvas panel

Paypal available Contact me

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Lovely, quaint little lighthouse, Angie.

Pencils and Paint said...

This is lovely, Angie! I wouldn't mind visiting a beautiful place just like it. :o)

Jean Nelson Paintings and Photography said...

The black and white stripes remind me a bit of Cape Hatteras - brings back memories of when I was there. Nice painting Angela, I like the moody sky juxtaposed to the bright flowers in the keepers grounds.

marilyn said...

Looks homey even if lonely. Wish I could drive to one in a couple of hours.