Friday, May 11, 2012

Blowin Smoke

Blowin Smoke
 When We lived in Wyoming my husband became obsessed with trains. They were so long and 
interestering as they meandered across the mountainsides. One day we were driving along I-80 and my husband was driving. We passed a trooper who had a car pulled over and he pulled out right behind us with blue lights flashing. As he walked up to our window and peered in he said "Sir did you know that in the state of Wyoming it is a law to move over for stopped emergency vehicles?" my husband looked at him smiling and said "Yes Sir! I know but I wasn't looking at you I was looking at the train". Yes my mouth was hanging open at such a crazy thing to say. We did get a ticket and I was none to happy but now it is funny right?
6x6 on gallery wrapped profile canvas
$50

7 comments:

Virginia Floyd said...

That is so funny, Angela. Love this painting. It has a nice perspective and just enough detail.

Carole Reid said...

Men!

Darla McDowell said...

I love your painterly style, Angela. So pretty!

Nora MacPhail said...

Great painting Angela! And I always get a kick out of your titles.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I laughed and understood.
So much movement in your painting and I love the abstract at the side.
Is it the arch of the bridge?

hmuxo said...

Love this post, Angela...and of course, love this painting...

JanettMarie said...

Angela, thanks for sharing again!

I love how you are showing the gallery wrapped side of your paintings. Good idea, showing how much more there is to your paintings!