Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The Coming Storm

The Coming Storm
I painted this today while feeling quite sad. My 86 year old dad who had an accident about three weeks ago was diagnosed with probable spinal cord cancer. He is now paralyzed from the waist down. We visited with him on Fathers day in the hospital. He was so happy to see us and knew everyone. Before that and since, he has been confused and doesn't  know anyone. I guess the day we visited him was just one  more little gift from God. My mom is so sad, and as our lives change each day I can feel
 "The Coming Storm."
Painted with a palette knife on panel board.

4 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

So sorry about your Dad's illness, Angie. Wow, 86 y.o. I don't know many people who still have their parents around. I don't and neither does Mike or many of our friends. Enjoy them while you can; their smiles, the stories they've told a dozen times over, and hold them special in your heart forever. Some storms pass quickly without much residual damage but others stall and take time to move on. Keep looking for the rainbow.............

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. It's a beautiful painting, even if it comes from a sad experience.

On a brighter note, I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blogger award. Please stop by to pick up your award. :)

SYLVIANE said...

Sorry about your dad, Angela, and it is a beautiful painting.

Paula said...

The symbolism of this painting is screaming out at me. Troubled, oh yes, but maybe not the coming storm. Maybe the white that surrounds the house is staving off the storm, easing it, the Light of God protecting those inside. Protecting from both the storm clouds and the fight below. God bless you and keep you and your family comforted in your time of sorrow.