Friday, June 18, 2010

Farmers Gold


                                                       Farmers Gold

The Sky is dark, the dawning of the day near. In the far distance a rooster crows.
The old farmer is up already preparing for the day. He can smell the bacon cooking on the old wood stove. The days on the farm are hard and long as there is hay to be bailed, livestock to be fed, and crops to be tended. But in the end it will be worth it all at just one glance at the beauty of the land he loves.
                                                                        Unavailable

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Angie,
Lovely farm. Oh, by the way, that's probably my bacon cooking you smell....ummm, love the stuff even though I know it's not good for me. And, yes, I share! I'm off to visit a colonial village/museau today called Willowbrook Village. Hope to get some great pics to paint.