Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Little Glass Bottle

Little Glass Bottle
I sit on the dresser day after day. Normally I would be collecting dust. But not me, I am
special. I was her gift from him, a husband deeply loved. I was bought in a land far away. He searched through the market and out of a table full of other shiny bottles he picked me. He wrapped me safely in his clothes and placed me in his foot locker so I would make it back to the states unharmed. I traveled by boat and air until I made it home. Each day she passes by, picks me up and thinks of him. I am a reminder of the love she has. The man of her dreams and how blessed her live is now. I am just a
Little Glass Bottle but I am special.
UNAVAILABLE

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

Mornin' Angie,
Lovely little poem. Makes me this of how special each and every one of US are as little vessels to God, each picked up and placed somewhere special to be in someone's life to bring them joy, help them through hard times. I guess what we've called friends. Hope you are physically, emotionally and spiritually well this morning and have a blessed day.

Christine's Arts said...

very touching little verse. thanks for posting...