Saturday, July 20, 2013

A Touch of Cherry by Angela Sullivan

A Touch of Cherry by Angela Sullivan
I am just a little green bird. Not sure what they call me. I think some people call me a mushroom bird. What on earth does that mean? I am not moldy and I don't grow in the ground. I am just a little bird. Well anyway the other day I was sitting on this table and saw something beautiful. Two cherries was right there just waiting for me to eat them only come to find out they were hard and I could not figure out how to eat them. Hard as a rock they were and as I tried to eat them I almost broke my beak. Then the lady of the house came by picked up the cup and drank coffee out of it. How foolish I was to think the cherries were real. I can see now that they are just painted on...just like me. 
6x6 oil on gallery wrapped canvas. 
JL

No comments: