Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chicken Shaker by Angela Sullivan

Chicken Shaker by Angela Sullivan
I just thought that I would post this in two versions. The original and the revised. I don't usually post personal things but I couldn't resist.  Logan my grandson has just moved to town. He is five. That should tell you enough but I will continue. I painted this the other day of a salt shaker my husband gave me for Christmas and a few grapes. It was still on my easel when Logan came for a visit. The next morning I went to paint and my chicken looked a little different than it did the night before. It was kinda streaked and some red was in places that I did not intend for it to be. I ask him and Paul my 6 year old grandson if either of them had been in my studio and if they knew why my painting was smeared both said no but then Logan went on to say as he pointed at my palette knife. I think they used that to do it with. I looked closer to find the tip of the knife covered with red paint. Paint just like is on the chicken beak. How could I be mad at that. I just got my brush and fixed it. I just can't imagine what happened :0) can you?
6x6 oil on gallery wrapped canvas
To purchase via PayPal visit my
To view more of my artwork visit my


2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

He is quite the little detective, isn't he? Sounds like foul play to me :)

hmuxo said...

It looks like Logan will be one of our future little artists, Angela. Such a cute story...I love his answer...and a wonderful painting.