Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Christmas Dreams snowman painting by Alabama Artist Angela Sullivan

Christmas Dreams snowman painting by Alabama Artist Angela Sullivan
I just must share the cutest story. Recently I posted how that I have my 90 year old mother living with me for awhile. She is wheelchair bound and my life adjustment has been challenging to say the least. She is such a cute little lady with silver hair that wisp around her face creating the sweetest halo. Well needless to say my time to paint or any alone time has really suffered because of my commitment to help take care of her. Today I thought I would get up at 5am so I could paint before she needed me and the chores of life began. I am sitting at my easel smiling and painting when my cell phone rings at about 530. It was mama wanting me to come get her up so we could have coffee. I could do nothing but lay my brushes aside and walk gently down the stairs and open the door to see the prettiest lady I know smiling back at me. I finished this painting in bits and pieces throughout the day. Maybe I just have to learn to paint in short intervals instead of finish a painting in one session. 7x5 oil on canvas

No comments: