Thursday, December 29, 2016

Abandoned Shrimp Boat painting by Alabama Artist Angela Sullivan


Abandoned Shrimp Boat painting by Alabama Artist Angela Sullivan
This Shrimp Boat is in Bon Secour, Al. It was beached during a hurricane and was owned by my uncle Robert Johnson. It is featured in the beginning of the TV series Hart of Dixie. I decided to paint it as I have fond memories of this boat. I ate many shrimp caught on this boat. Anyone who has ever been around a Shrimper knows that this is a hard brutal way to earn a living. I have respect for all those out there who face the weather and elements to bring us good things.6x6 oil on wrapped canvas.

2 comments:

Carol Blackburn said...

How sweet to paint a memory like that. We are getting 18" of snow today so only shovels and plows in my memories right now. LOL

hmuxo said...

Nice painting Angela!!!!