Friday, November 30, 2012

Snowed In

Snowed In
In a wonderland of snow is a place called familiar. A place which can find refuge from the cold.
This day I am lucky. This day the barn I stumbled across has a fireplace. Old and filled with cob webs but a sight of comfort as I fumble through my pocket and find a lighter. A little dry hay and a small fire which gets bigger as I add more hay. Warmth precious warmth. I peek out and realize what it is like to be snowed in.
4x4 oil on canvas panel. For sale or auction at my DPW gallery. Just follow the link to purchase via PayPal.

2 comments:

JanettMarie said...

Oh, I love the snow. This painting is nice, reminds me of the good 'ole days growing up on the farm. Snow days were fun days.
Thanks Angela!

hmuxo said...

Very nice...love the texture...