Friday, July 5, 2013

Zoe On A Good Day by Angela Sullivan

Zoe On A Good Day
 There is just one thing that I hate. The Groomer.... That lady is not so nice. First of all she picks me up and plops me down on that hard table. Then she puts a giant rope around my neck I guess to make me be still. I won't take this lying down. I squiggle and wiggle and whine and howl all to no avail. She won't give up. She just looks at me and sighs. I look at her exhausted. I can't wait to get home. She clips and dips and trims and in the end she sprays me with that perfume stuff. And all of this makes my lady happy. I can't wait to get home I will be under the bed for quite sometime. 
6x6 oil on gallery wrapped canvas.
Penny from Angels Door posted this picture of her dog and said I could paint it. 
Thanks Penny
Check her blog out at angelsdoor
JL


7 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Oh Angela,
She turned out just beautiful!!!
I am, we are, so honored.
You really have captured her soul... Yes, this is my little Zoe. All I can say is WOW! I just love your brush strokes..
I have put a link to this post from mine. Thank you again Angela.
blessings,
Penny

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Angela,
I left a comment, but I don't think it took.
I LOVE THE PAINTING! You really captured her soul. I just love your
brush strokes.. Yes, this is my little Zoe. What a beautiful interpretation... Thank you, we are truly honored!
I put a link back to this post.
blessings,
Penny

Dean H. said...

It was fun reading Zoe's opinion about the groomer! :)
The eye let's ya know what's on her mind!

suzanneberry said...

sooo adorable angela!! mine hate the groomer as well. great post!

hmuxo said...

She's adorable, Angela! The colors and brush work is wonderful. As always, I find myself feeling so sorry for Zoe! LOL

Helen Cooper said...

So cute! Love the expressive brushstrokes too!

Robin Rosenthal said...

You captured Zoe's expression perfectly. Really enjoyable painting.