Daily Paintings From The Brushes Of Angela Sullivan
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
For Morning Coffee No longer available ( Art Demo In Oils)
Ok! I am always intrigued by artist that post how to. Well this may not be how to but how I did it.
1. I start by toning my canvas. Any color will do but I usually use Burnt Sienna today however I used thinned Thalo Blue and white.
2. Next I do a rough sketch with Burnt Umber thinned #2 bright brush
3. Add some shadowing and what will be my darks. Thalo blue and burnt umber with maybe a touch of Aliz Crimson
4.Thalo blue and Aliz Chrimson for the dark purple flowers
5. Touch of white to mixture for highlights on flowers. Sap green and cad yellow light for greens with Thalo blue for darks and of course Aliz Crimson
6. rough in highlights on pot. White and ultramarine blue with raw umber
7. Cad yellow light with burnt sienna for interest
8. Using a #4 bright I scruff to soften shadows and lights on teapot
9. Adding some darks back in for contrast I paint in the background with titanium white raw umber mixed with ultramarine blue.
10. I scruff into the green leaves and purple flowers in background also adding highlights to background vase
11. Adding sharp highlights to teapot with titanium white and a touch of thalo blue
12. Finishing I add purple and green hints to teapot to tie them all in. I soften edges and leave some bright highlights and of course sign my name. I hope you have enjoyed this as posting a step by step demo is something I never really thought I would do. I so enjoy other artist demos that I figured I would give it a go. Hope your day is blessed and please oh please visit again soon. Would appreciate comments if you enjoyed this.
Oil on 6x6 gallery wrapped canvas
For sale or auction thru my DPW gallery. Follow the link to pay via PayPal